Thursday, October 04, 2007

Resident Takes Picture Of Cat, Whole Town Shocked


The Swindon Beaver Herald today continued it's policy of breaking non-news as real, meaty current affairs when it printed a photo and article about a resident's cat which has slightly unusual markings.

Mrs Timpson's four year old ginger tom-cat is unique in his local area for having a slight purple streak down his left front leg.

"When we saw this, I immediately knocked the story of the oversized onions from the front page and asked the picture desk to blow up this picture as big as possible. I was saying to myself as I filed down my nails, 'what a scoop' ". That quote from the Swindon Beaver Herald's editor, Perry White.

Swindon Centric Says ; What will they run with tomorrow? Pensioner who knits a house shaped jumper? Town's biggest cottage pie? Swindon's first annual watermelon eating competition? We can only hope.

No comments: