Sunday, August 28, 2011

Top Ten Things Overheard On Swindon's Buses Last Week ; 217

The scene on Lexington Avenue, New York, yesterday with a reflection of the Chrysler Building on an empty bus lane. All public transport, subways, buses, trains and ferries shut down yesterday at noon in preparation for the arrival of Hurricane Irene.

Click here for the original at this brilliant idea, here's our own version for Swindon's buses from last week.

10. It's pasta, it's not going to happy slap you.

9. You forget, I spent six weeks on contract at the Cardiff office, I'm a veteran.

8. Move or I will move Sandra's desk with you sat at it.

7. We've had correct change since, at least, the days of Churchill.

6. Stephen Fry, would I be the first to say I don't find him interesting?

5. It was a Saturday night, I'm not responsible for your actions after a pitcher of that.

4. They're MC Hammer pants, I hear he's on his way with the fashion police to claim them back.

3. I'm not eating granola again, it's like road grit with fruit.

2. She's not settling for anything less than everything.

And the number one overheard phrase on Swindon's buses from last week is...

1. I heard she had lied, then again, she told me she hadn't, I'm confused, or am I?

Overheard something we've missed? Then email swindoncentric@gmail.com or leave a comment and your phrase could make it onto next weeks list!

No comments: